Compulsory Mediation Information and Assessment Meetings

Before you consider making an application to the Court for a private children matter or for financial remedies following a separation or divorce, you must now attend a MIAM unless you qualify for an exemption.

A MIAM must be carried out by a specialist mediator recognised as competent by the Family Mediation Council to undertake MIAMs. Cathy O’Mahoney is recognised as such and is available to carry out mediation information and assessment meetings.  Once you commit to the mediation process, Saturday morning appointments are also available for joint sessions.

Please see our fees page for our charges.

The following information will provide you with sufficient information to determine whether or not you need to attend a MIAM.

Compulsory mediation